In a fishbowl session we will discuss strategies for projects to reach out to downstream users and turn them into successful contributors, committers and PMC members.
Some of the challenges that we'll be touching upon:
- How do you reach downstream users and explain to them where development happens?
- What kind of mentoring helps raise the level of user participation in projects?
- How can we improve the experience of episodic volunteers in our projects?
- What is the business value for projects benefiting from well funded developers working to improve the project full-time to still invest in mentoring and integrating downstream users as fellow developers?
- How do we monitor for bias in how contributors progress towards committer and PMC member?
The goal is to share best practices as well as challenges and publish them after the session in a format that is easy to digest.